- Take a pic of you and your book, make that pic the cover photo on your Facebook timeline.
- After you’ve changed your cover photo, click on the cover photo and then click on “add a description”.
- Put the buy link to your book in the description and add 1 or 2 “blurb” sentences about your book, (give people an exciting reason to click the link and check out your book).
- Find something exciting once a week to post about your book and add the buy link into the post.
- Post can be as simple as: Awesome lady I met at the hair salon bought my book last week and called me today to say how much she loved it! Made my day!!! (then add buy link)
- These should be real experiences, not made up, but make them sound super exciting and cool!
- Take your book on a photo tour! Post photos of “Me and my book, making friends at: the library, the park, the theater, the grocery store, the zoo, etc.” The photos can be of you and random strangers, have the stranger smile and hold up your book. (Not dangerous looking strangers obviously!) Have the stranger sign your book, (have a copy for the purpose of collecting others’ signatures, a book signing in reverse where the reader/potential reader gets to sign rather than the author) and give them a sale page or some type of promo item of the book in return, (perhaps they’ll buy your book online).
- Ask your local library to let you host a reading or book talk. Take pictures of yourself with the book and the attendees and post (with their permission) to Facebook- say something fun, like, “Had a great time reading my book to these awesome new friends!” Post the pic and the buy link to your book. Give out promo items to attendees, sale sheets, bookmarks, anything to help them find and buy your book.
Have fun with your book, get creative, post frequently, and always, always, always add the buy link for your book in every fun post you make about your book!
What are your fun ideas for promoting your book on Facebook and social media? Comment below.